- Kathleen Hearn-Banks says, “A crisis is a major occurence with a potentially negative outcome affecting the organization, company, or industry as well as its publics, products, services, or good name.”
- Four phases of conflict management are: proactive, strategic, reactive, and recovery.
- According to a study by Weber Shandwick the top three triggers of a crisis were: financial irregularities, unethical behavior, and executive misconduct.
- Timothy Coombs’ strategies for crisis communication are: attack the accuser, denial, excuse, justification, ingratiation, corrective action, and full apology.
- Reputation management and image restoration will usually follow a crisis.
All notes from