- Public Relations is considered a strategic management tool.
- Many companies have turned to outsourcing which is purchasing expert services from outside the organization. One example could be a company hiring a PR firm instead of creating a PR department.
- A PR Firm works for many companies and can often be more objective than a PR department.
- PR Firms do many different things from speech training to event planning.
- Usually a PR department is called a communications department.
All notes are from Public Relations: Strategies and Tactics http://www.amazon.com/Public-Relations-Strategies-Tactics-Study/dp/020562622X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275752053&sr=8-1