- Ethics is basically the study of what people consider right and wrong.
- There are three basic ethics orientations: Absolutist, existentialist, and situationalist.
- For standards and ethical behavior in the profession you can consult organizations such as PRSA, IABC, and IPRA.
- Front groups are often considered unethical and stealthy due to their methods.
- It is important in PR to have loyalty and high standards in regards to public interest. A PR professional should not harm the public for the good of their employer.
All reading notes are from Public Realtions: Strategies and Tactics http://www.amazon.com/Public-Relations-Strategies-Tactics-Study/dp/020562622X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275752053&sr=8-1